Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub


So lately I’ve been playing with homemade products. I’ve made a foot scrub, face wash from oils, and — what I’m going to share today — homemade sugar scrub! It’s so easy I almost feel bad posting about it. But everyone has to start somewhere, and if you’re one who just likes to be told what to put together, then this is perfect for you.

All of the ingredients for this homemade sugar scrub you’ll find in your pantry, I guarantee it. Also you’ll see why I called this a ‘vanilla latte’!

Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub

Here is what you’ll need for your very own homemade sugar scrub:

- Ground coffee (I used whole beans & grind them myself)
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Oil of your choice
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon (optional)

You guys, it’s this simple – add all the dry ingredients and mix until they’re all blended. Then drizzle in the oil until you get the consistency you want. I used 1/4 cup of each coffee grounds and brown sugar, 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of vanilla extract (adjust to the scent of your liking) and about 1/4 olive oil because that was the best oil I had on hand. You can adjust the amount of olive oil to fit the texture you want. I drizzled mine in until I was happy with it.


Here’s why I choose these ingredients:

Coffee Grinds: I used coffee as the base for this homemade sugar scrub for your body because it’s known to reduce inflammation, get rid of cellulite (even if just temporarily), and has been linked to reducing skin cancer.

Brown Sugar: It’s funny because I high sugar diet obviously isn’t that great for you, but topically it’s actually good for you! Sugar moisturizes, it breaks down the cells and regenerates the skin, and exfoliates! Brown sugar isn’t as harsh as refined white sugar so it can be used on your face, but paired with coffee, which is a little more harsh, this particular homemade sugar scrub is a body scrub.

Baking Soda: This adds to the exfoliation and also helps with cleansing. You don’t need a lot of it, you already have other exfoliates, this just adds a little extra.

Cinnamon: This yummy spice is known to help prevent infection and kill bacteria. You should not add cinnamon directly to your skin, it could result in a burning sensation. It also gives a yummy smell!

Olive Oil: It is great for dry skin as it moisturizes and isn’t know to cause allergic reactions. It also is known to protect your skin from sun damage.

Vanilla Extract: For the scent!


These are perfect for yourself or little gifts for friends. Just fill up a small mason jar, slap a cute label on and you’re good to go! It’s also perfect for this summer as the weather gets hotter and dryer.

I hope you like this Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub!

Related Posts
Previous
« Prev Post