3 Ingredient Peppermint Lip Scrub


This stuff is excellent, you guys. Here’s a couple great benefits of this super easy lip scrub.

- Plumps up your lips without any chemicals!
- Leaves them moisturized because of the oil.
- The peppermint essential oil in it nourishes dull skin and improves the texture of oily or greasy skin. (use the code NOUVELLE for 20% off!)
- Scuffs off the dead skin on the lips for a fresh plump alternative!

3 Ingredient Peppermint Lip Scrub

Now let’s talk about how I made it. It’s so easy. I wanted to make it supa simple so that one: you guys will want to make it and two: that it is practical for you guys to make it. I’m really always thinking about you. 😉 You’re welcome.

So here’s what you’ll need:

- 1/4 C Cane sugar (stay away from refined white sugar)
- 3-5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil (or other carrier oil)

Now when I share a tutorial for a beauty DIY I like to share why each thing is beneficial to your skin & why I chose it. The cane sugar is for the exfoliation, obviously, and is a better choice than refined white sugar which has basically ‘refined’ any benefits out of it. I chose sugar because if it were to get in your mouth, you’d be okay! It’s large enough and strong enough to scrub away the dead skin.

I chose peppermint oil because it’s the season and it smells lovely. There are some skin benefits too! Like I mentioned, it nourishes dull skin and improves the texture of the skin as well. Who wants dull lips? It also creates a cooling sensation which his good for your skin.

You basically melt the coconut oil slowly in a double broiler sort of way (I totally make-shift mine) and then add the peppermint oil. Be careful not to add too much, it is strong! Also make sure you’re not allergic or even that your skin isn’t sensitive to it. Then once it’s cooled a bit, mi in the sugar and you’re done!


Well, what do you think? Will you give this one a try? I hope you get to and maybe even make some little gifts from them! It’s really super yummy and your lips feel amazing afterward.

Enjoy and I hope you’re having a fabulous beginning of the week!

Related Posts
Previous
« Prev Post